Click image for larger version
Click the logo to purchase
It's not easy being a teenage boy growing up in the tough neighbourhood of Glebe in the 1930s.
It's even harder when your dream is to become an aviator, your parents are dead against it, and your girlfriend's father is the School Principal.
But Joe has even bigger challenges he must face and obstacles to overcome in order to achieve his dream.
He has come up with a plan and won't let anyone stand in his way.
· Well-researched, coming-of-age novel, rich in historic detail
· Compelling mix of humour and drama
· Resilient and likeable main character
· Themes - adolescence, the Depression, survival, loss, family, friendship, adventure, work, gambling, truth and responsibility
· Australian Curriculum appropriate - Secondary English and History